MSc. Health Psychology
C&G 7407 Further Education
Diploma in Casework Supervision
Specialising in relationships affected by Asperger Syndrome.
Individual, couple and family counselling.
Conference speeches, lectures & workshops.
Author of 'The Asperger Couple's Workbook', 'Aspergers in Love' and 'The Other Half of Asperger Syndrome'
Healing of Cassandra
A weekend workshop for women who are either in, or have been in, a relationship with an AS partner; who would like to feel both understood and supported.
(See also The Healing of Cassandra)
Coming to Terms - Why?
Attraction - Parent or Partner?
Sorrow and Loss.
Self Worth & Self Esteem.
Assessing CAD - Am I?
Needs - Mine and Others.
Determining Self Potential
Rights - What Are They?
A Life After - With AS?
This is a weekend event where you get to work with Maxine, meet other women in similar situations and make time for yourself and your needs.
The Village Hotel & Leisure
2nd March 2012
More info & Book
Is Anyone Listening?
- Low self esteem.
- Feeling confused/bewildered.
- Feelings of anger/depression.
- Feelings of guilt.
- Loss of self.
- Mental health.
- Physical health.
- Not being believed.
- Not being heard.
- Being blamed.
- He is just behaving like a man.
- Let down by professionals.
- Anger turned to depression.
- Phobias - agoraphobia - flying - social.
- Asperger ways.
- Complete breakdown.
- Medication and therapy.
- Loss or gain in weight.
- PMT/female related problems.
- ME (myalgic encephalomyelitis).
- Low immune system - colds to cancer.
Letting Go of Hope
- Why did I fall in love with him?
- Why did I not notice?
- Why did I waste so much energy?
- Why did I put up with his ways?
- Why did I not take the children and leave?
- Why do I still love him?
- Why, Why, Why!
Rebuilding Self Esteem
- Hope is the last thing to die.
- Giving Hope a new perspective.
- Taking control.
- Change of Focus.
- Renewing Trust in self.
- Having a voice
- Looking at negative responses.
- Looking at self image.
- Building confidence.
- Becoming assertive.
- Attending a Workshop.
- Identifying Parent - Child roles.
- Changing learned helplessness.
- Rebuilding self.
- Rebuilding family and relationships.
- Rebuilding a social life.
- Finding support.
- Emotional support is a basic human need.
- Time to rebuild.
- Life after Aspergers.